Monday, February 13, 2012

Is the American Dream Slipping Away?

By: Idaho Conservative Blogger

In one of my favorite movies “The Rock” after a tough day at work disassembling a terrorist’s bomb FBI agent Stanley Goodspeed (Nicholas Cage) tells his girlfriend bringing a child into this world today would be an act of cruelty. This is the exchange;

Stanley Goodspeed: Oh, just some terrorists decided to send a little care package. Box of goodies. Which had to be neutralized before blowing up the office...

[plucks a harsh note on his guitar]

Stanley Goodspeed: So I took the rest of the day off. Glass of wine, little guitar... Just relax.

Carla: Wow.

Stanley Goodspeed: I mean it, honey, the world is being Fed-exed to hell in a hand cart. I really believe anyone thinking even thinking of bringing a child into the world is coldly considering an act of cruelty.

[pause, Carla stares at Stanley]

Stanley Goodspeed: I know, I'm rambling, I'm complaining, I'm sorry. What's your news, baby?

Carla: I'm pregnant.... You didn't mean what you just said, did you?

Stanley Goodspeed: When?

Carla: Just right now, when you were talking about bringing a child into the world, and having it be an act of cruelty.

Stanley Goodspeed: I meant it at the time.

Carla: Stanley, "at the time"? You said it seven and a half seconds ago!

  Stanley Goodspeed: Well... gosh, kind of a lot's happened since then...

Friday my wife and I became grandparents for the second time. A beautiful granddaughter joined our family. She is perfect. Now I don’t think bringing a child into the world today would be an act of cruelty but her birth got me thinking about my grandkids future in this great country of ours. I remember when our kids were born I had great dreams and aspirations for them. Knowing that they could make anything they wanted out of their life. Any dream was attainable through hard work and motivation. Or as the saying goes, the world was their oyster.

Now for the first time in my lifetime I’m worried for the future of our kids and grandkids. Will they have the opportunities I had? Will they dream big and have a chance to turn those dreams into reality? I’m not so sure. There is a good chance our beautiful granddaughter born Friday will live to see the turn of the next century. I can only imagine what time will bring to her and this country. Frankly it scares me, if President Obama is reelected I have no doubt we will go down a road forever changing this country right down to our foundation. I can’t fathom where it will end.

Our country’s national debt is at a breaking point. We are broke almost to a point of no return. The dream of home ownership is slipping away while the mortgage crisis starts to escalate again. Unemployment is at record number, Iran continues to threaten the entire world. Russia has surpassed us in space exploration and China, oh my, where to begin.

All the while President Obama continues to propose massive entitlements and government spending (excluding military spending), a record number of Americans are being foreclosed on their mortgages and forced out of their homes due to unemployment, Obama drags his feet on assisting Israel against the Iranian threat, NASA continues to be cut to the bone allowing Russia to control space after shutting down the shuttle program, and China continues to grab our debt and spend our interest money building up a huge military capable of a serious offence against anyone in the world. If Russia and China were to team up against the U.S. we would be in serious trouble. President Obama seems to not understand, “Peace through strength”.

We are living in serious times my friends. This November’s election just might be the most important election of our lifetime. I pray for all of our grandkids we get it right. We must win this battle.

I will close with another scene from “The Rock”

John Mason: Are you sure you're ready for this?

Stanley Goodspeed: I'll do my best.

John Mason: Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and *#$@ the prom queen.

Stanley Goodspeed: Carla was the prom queen.

John Mason: Really?

Stanley Goodspeed: [cocks his gun] Yeah.

Email:  ICB


Comments are invited!
Send feedback to:  WatchDog 
.

3 comments:

JDW said...

I would adds that--

Obama is doing to this country, is by design!

He should have already been Impeached and convicted. But there is no way the Senate will convict him.

Don't be surprised of a "Power Grab" if it looks like he is going to lose!

Mic said...

You are too optimistic!

Sarah said...

I know this movie very well--it is a good one!

But it is fiction--what Obama is doing is very real!

I'd worry about that new baby girl.

Now he wants to cut the nuclear warheads to 300.

That is not enough to arm on 'Minuteman' wing.


A vote for this fool is a vote for the total distruction of America!