The facts are that of the last 12 U.S,. Presidents:
- 5 were Governors (Franklin Roosevelt, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, G. W. Bush)
- 5 were Vice-Presidents (Truman, Johnson, Nixon, Ford*, G. H. W. Bush)
- 1 5-Star General (Eisenhower)
- 1 Representative/Senator (Kennedy)
* NOTE -- Gerald Ford was appointed to the Office Vice-President and he was never elected President.
In that time span, John F. Kennedy is the only person to move directly from the Senate to the Presidency.
Even though the Obama campaign would like it to be otherwise, clearly the voters put allot of value on the experience as Governor.
Comments are welcome!
Send feedback to: WatchDog@MindlessAndSpineless.com